Letter from the President by Liz Burdick Divelbiss
Happy April, friends!
I am so excited that spring has finally arrived! It seems like this time of year opens up a ton of possibilities as we’re able to get outside more, do a little spring-cleaning, and start to make our summer plans!
We’re doing all the same things on the Sierra Moms front as we round out our fiscal year that runs from July to June. Our Board of Directors is busy making plans for leader and volunteer appreciation events, our Spring Party, and the end of our 2018/19 Board term.
As we look toward next year—next July through June—we’d love to find out who among our members may be interested in taking the next step in Sierra Moms leadership by joining our Board. While there will not be vacancies in all positions, we want to provide an overview of the types of positions available and find out where people’s interests lie. Below is a very high-level overview of our Board Positions. Please take a look and let me know if anything jumps out as interesting to you!
- President: Oversees the functioning of the organization and its leaders.
- Vice President: Supports the President and provides leadership for the organization and its leaders.
- Secretary: Manages board meeting minutes.
- Treasurer: Manages the organization’s funds and financial records.
- Director of Existing Membership: Oversees the status of existing members, supports membership drive activities.
- Director of New Membership: Supports the needs of new members and helps welcome them into the organization.
- Director of Community Relations: Serves as a point of contact for sponsors, oversees the Business Discount Partner Program, plans and oversees All Member Socials.
- Director of Philanthropy: Oversees the charitable activities of the organization, identifies and oversees charitable contributions made though our quarterly parties.
- Director of Activities: Plans and oversees quarterly parties, supports playgroup and interest group leaders.
- Director of Communications: Manages and oversees all organizational communications.
- Director of CAPE: Plans and oversees our annual Children’s Activity and Preschool Expo.
Our Board of Directors meets on the 3rd Monday of each month from approximately 6:30 – 9 p.m. Board meeting locations rotate between board member houses and/or public meeting spaces when needed. Being on the Board is a fantastic way to help shape the direction of the organization and help make sure awesome programming and events are available to all Sierra Moms members. More than anything, we enjoy getting together to brainstorm ways to strengthen the organization to ensure it meets its mission to help women connect with one another to find support in their role as mothers.
If you’d like more information on any of the positions above, please email me!