Big Tent Tutorials: Email Settings
Changing Your Email Notification Settings
You can control what type of emails you receive from BigTent and how often you receive them. You can change your notification settings at any time. This might be particularly handy, for example, if you are going on a vacation and want to stop emails while you are gone.
- Log in to Big Tent.
- Navigate to “my bigtent” and then “email settings”.
- On the email settings page, you will see a list of all the forums (or message boards) for Sierra Moms and your subgroups, sorted by how you are notified of new posts. Update settings as follows:
Email Notification choices are as follows:
- None – No notifications will be sent to your email. Use this option if you prefer to read all communication on the forums by logging into your group using your web brower.
- Summarize in blink – The Blink is a weekly digest email that summarizes briefly everything that has changed on all the groups you belong to on BigTent. Additional configuration settings for this option can be found under the “BigTent Blink” link under the “My Email Options” heading.
- Email Daily Message Digest – Similar to the Blink email, except the daily digest is sent every day, and the full text of each forum post is included in the email, so you don’t have to log into BigTent to read the posts.
- Email Every Topic (Comments web only) – This option will send you individual emails of each original forum post. If you want to read the responses, or comments, you’ll have to log into BigTent.
- Email Every Message and Comment – This option will send you individual emails with the contents of every forum post and all replies or comments to previous forum posts as soon as they are posted. A link is included to reply to the post on BigTent.
- (Optional) By clicking on the link “Classifieds”, you can also change the settings for whether Sierra Moms classifieds are sent to your email.
Change whether TentMail (private messages) are forwarded to your email or not:
TentMail is BigTent’s way of sending private messages to other members of Sierra Moms. Since these messages are addressed to you personally, you will probably want these forwarded to your email account.
- Log in to BigTent and navigate to the “My BigTent” page.
- Click the “Settings” tab.
- Click the “email options” tab.
- Click the “Personal” category
- Check or uncheck whether you want TentMail forwarded to your email.
- Click Save.