by Kelly Howell
Want to have the fastest and farthest flying paper airplane? Follow these simple steps below then have a paper airplane contest with your siblings and friends.
Piece of Printer Paper
1. Fold the piece of paper in half hot dog style.
2. Open the piece of paper back up and fold the top corners in toward the crease. Line the edges up with the crease.
3. Fold the the paper in half again, hot dog style, so that the corners you folded over are inside the fold. Lay it horizontally on the table.
4. Take the top edge of the folded corner and fold it downward to line it up with the bottom edge of the piece of paper. Flip it over and do the same with the other side. This is the start of the wings.
5. Take the same wing and again line the top edge of the wing with the bottom edge of the paper. Flip it over and do the same thing with the other side.
6. Open the top portion of the wings up and hold the airplane by the middle portion of the airplane.
7. Put a staple about a third of the way from the front of the plane where all the folds meet. This will hold the plane together and stabilize it for better flying.
8. Show you child where to hold the plane and throw it.