Health & Wellness Resources
- Finding Good Information about Medication Use During Lactation
- Do you really need to wean while taking certain medications?
- Are the warnings on your medication(s) against using while pregnant/breastfeeding designed to prevent lawsuit or based on actual research?
- Become better educated about what resources you should and shouldn’t use to assess the actual risks associated with taking specific medications while nursing.
- Infant Risk Center
- Dr. Tom Hale, PhD, has performed extensive research on the effects of medication in mothers’ milk.
- Get up-to-date evidence-based information on the use of medications during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
- This information can also be found in printed form in Medications and Mother’s Milk.
- Infant Risk Hotline: (806)-352-2519
- Cold Medications
- Find a Lactation Consultant
- Tip: The certification/accreditation to look for, to ensure your consultant has demonstrated expert knowledge about lactation, is called IBCLC.
- Last time we checked, there were at least two IBCLC lactation consultants in Folsom.
- Want a recommendation? Members can search the General Forum archives on our Big Tent site to see who other members have recommended.
- La Leche League Folsom Chapter
Suggest A Resource
Do you have a correction to an item on this list or a suggestion of an additional resource we should list? Please contact the Sierra Moms Webmaster with your suggestions.