There’s a range of tangible and intangible benefits to joining Sierra Moms. Whether you’re new to the area and looking to meet other moms and make new friends and lasting connections, in need of activities to engage the little ones, looking for a way to get more involved in the community, or looking for some time just for you—Sierra Moms is the place to be.
With 200 member families, our group is large enough to have a robust and diverse mix of member-led activities, but small enough that members feel like part of the family.
Who can join?
Our group primarily serves mothers of children ages 0 to 6. Active members with older children can choose to maintain Alumni Membership with Sierra Moms to enjoy mom-centered activities and occasional activities that are suitable for school-aged children.
Sierra Moms’ annual membership dues of $45 gets you access to everything the group has to offer.
Specifically, Sierra Moms membership includes:
- New Member Meet-Ups: We want all new members to have an easy and fun way to get to know other members and get active in the group. Our New Member Meet-Ups take place 1-2 times each month and provide an opportunity to get to know other new and active members in a small and casual setting.
- Children’s playgroups: Both age-based from birth through preschool and all-ages playgroups typically meet on a weekly basis.
- Interest groups: Popular interest groups just for mom include cooking club, book club and more.
- Mom’s night out: Members plan a monthly movie outing, as well as occasional dinners and happy hours.
- Activities and excursions: Sierra Moms organizes several outings each month to visit local children’s attractions, tour businesses, meet first responders, hike child-friendly trails, attend theater performances and so much more. Activities take place both during weekdays and weekends.
- Seasonal parties: Four amazing seasonal parties are offered each year for the whole family. Our Spring Fling, Summer Splash, Fall Harvest and Holiday parties are always member favorites.
- Social gatherings: Monthly Member Socials can include expert speaker presentations, private workout classes, arts and crafts, and so much more.
- Community service and philanthropic opportunities
- Members-only Facebook page: Our members-only Facebook page is a great pace for idea-sharing and asking questions.
- Business Discount Partner Program: local businesses offer exclusive discounts for Sierra Moms members
- Board and Leadership positions: members have the opportunity to get involved in open Board and leadership positions in areas such as advertising, social media, activities coordination, and more.